Gabriola Island Trip
Well Hannah and I have been on Gabriola Island to visit my Mom and Bruno. I was concerned about the car ride with me being by myself with Hannah but it turned out to be a great if not very long travel day! It was not without misshap though. When we were 2 hours into the drive she began to get upset so I pulled over into a rest stop before the toll booth and was going to feed her and use the washroom. When I got in there I noticed this distinct smell.... It was my daughter with 4 days worth of goods (if you know what I mean!) She was dressed a really cute outfit for Grammie and Grandpa to see her in but needless to say we had to change into backup play clothes that happened to be in the diaper bag. She was completely naked with goods EVERYWHERE and screaming very loudly. Ladies would come in and say, " My she is not very happy. I wonder why?" Would you not be happy if someone had stripped you naked on a cold and rainy day in the washroom and washing washing crap off of you? I wonder about people some days!!
Okay, well that was done and we were off again. She did not sleep much for the drive but was entertained with the arch of toys I attached to her car seat for fun!! It really worked! Thank goodness. The ferry ride was really good as well. She slept mostly in her snugli while I had a little snooze. We made it to Grammie and Grandpa's after 11 hours of travel.
Okay, well that was done and we were off again. She did not sleep much for the drive but was entertained with the arch of toys I attached to her car seat for fun!! It really worked! Thank goodness. The ferry ride was really good as well. She slept mostly in her snugli while I had a little snooze. We made it to Grammie and Grandpa's after 11 hours of travel.
Here is a picture of how packed the car was for the drive. I figured we should bring some of her regular play things if we were visiting for a couple weeks.

We also stopped at Great Great Grandma Grace's on our way through Chilliwack. She was very excited to see Hannah! Oh, and Happy 95th Birthday Grace!!

Hannah and I enjoyed some walks on our own and also with Grammie. It was really great. I really miss the wilderness of the outdoors. Gabriola is great this time of year.
We also went shopping in Nanaimo one day and Hannah sat in the shopping cart for the first time and did really well. She has changed so much in the past couple weeks. She is much happier and very entertaining!! She also watches EVERYTHING!!
We also went shopping in Nanaimo one day and Hannah sat in the shopping cart for the first time and did really well. She has changed so much in the past couple weeks. She is much happier and very entertaining!! She also watches EVERYTHING!!
This is called Degnen Bay and it is just down the road from my Mom and Bruno's place. We walked everyday and Hannah is really liking her walks these days. I have sat her up in the strollers because she is curious about so much.

Degnen Bay
Blackberry bushes that we came across at Degnen Bay and had to sample!! 
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home